Tuesday 20 April 2010

What's Your Craving, do you like it a little bit harder or stronger?! Oooo er Mrs!!!


Sweet & Lovely..... Two Girls & A Sailor -
Welcome to my cravings page, what's your vice!

Ooooo er Mrs!!!

--------------------------------------------------
Cooking Cherry Fudge of course, it is both sweet & lovely, just like me !!!
--------------------------------------------------

For Christmas 2009 year, one of my friends Jane cooked me some yummy Cherry Fudge. It was so yummy the whole box was consumed very quickly, it was just soooo good.

Inspired by my other friends blog, and her beautiful larder which proudly displayed on the top shelf (out of children's reach of course) I saw a lovely metal cream vibrating, pulsating and rotating gadget.
I know you are now blushing Laura and wondering
"what have I got on display on my top shelf"?
Don't! I have a big black shiny one... sadly it has not been used for a couple of months... but with this new found inspiration, I have taken mine out for a spin! What on earth could it be I hear you asking .....

..... my KITCHEN AID of course!!!

Here it is laid out in all its glory together with the ingredients for the following recipes (although the milk is not in the picture!)

So slap your thigh, hold onto yer hat and shout yee high as I am going to share it with you. Enjoy with a wee cup of tea and some of your friends and perhaps you might go onto share some more of your cravings.....

(oooo, this page could become quite interesting I think, saucy & kitch, just how I like it!!!)

The other inspiration for this section has to go to Rufus Wainwright & his song "Cigarettes & Chocolate", perhaps you could have this playing in the background as you make this and think about what other cravings you have ....

850g of granulated sugar
300 ml milk
125g butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
60g glace cherries, chopped

Put the milk into a heavy saucepan. Add the sugar ad the butter and heat the mixture slowly, stirring all the time until the sugar dissolves and the butter melts. Bring the mixture to the boil and cover the pan with a lid. Boil it for approx. 2 minutes and then uncover it. Without stirring, continue to boil the mixture steadily for about 10-15 minutes or until it reaches the soft-ball stage. Remove the mixture fro the heat, dip the base of the pan briefly in cold water, stir in the vanilla extract and leave it to cool to lukewarm. Beat the fudge until it loses its glossy appearance and is thick and creamy. Add the chopped glace cherries (or almonds/currents can be substituted if you are not a fan of cherries). Pour it into a greased (8 inch) square tin. Leave it to cool completely before marking it into 1 inch cubes.

I had mine with some Summertime Blend Tea which is meant to help with hayfever, what will you have yours with?
Yes indeed, what more can I say? For now anyway.....

and yes, after making the cherry fudge, this in my mind what I expect from Anders - I deserve it!!!

4 comments:

  1. haha! All sorts were going through my mind! I would really love a pink one.
    I have a terrible confession to make - as mine is so high up and weighs a tonne - I just use my wee whisks when baking! I really should leave it somewhere more accessible.
    Fudge looks scrummy as!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did wonder as I wrote, and was having a giggle as it all sounded rather dodgy! A pink one would really suit your kitchen, and match the fridge (same one you got here? If so it has lasted well especially having been carted across from UK to NZ). At the time I got mine, there was a stunning cherry red coloured one (Christmas 2009 and 100 year special) which I nearly got and you would love, but then thought, if I bought it it would be the first thing you noticed in my kitchen, so better to get one the kitchen wore rather than the kitchen aid wearing the kitchen (fashion clothing talk now).

    I did wonder if you used it much as it was so high up, but then again, thought maybe the country living has made you ultra strong! They are very heavy, but I have to say, I love it, and you make the best dough for bread using it.

    I will try and encourage you to use it by coming up with more tasty goodies on my blog for you to eat which necessitates you using it. When I bought it I made the poor shop assistant (who was fantastic), in John Lewis Edinburgh put it and lots of others (including food processors) through its paces, including grating a potato (for potato pancakes which are really yummy) which she had never been requested to do before. Once the right attachment was found the Kitchen Aid mixer (with the grating accessories), whipped the other processors and mixers up and out..... Glad you liked it, and hope you like the rest I have started cooking up in my own mind (and not just referring to "What's your craving page"!! LOL Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about buying one of these gorgeous machines. I had a Kenwood with all the attachments for years and sold it when I was going through a phase of not baking so much anymore.
    I just can't make up my mind what lushious colour I want. Did you see the new colours out?

    http://www.kitchenwaredirect.com.au/Brands/KitchenAid-Stand-Mixers?type=Ksm150StandMixers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen the new colours, but looking at your link the one I nearly bought was the Candy Apple Red which was really beautiful as it was not a matt finish like the other colours and just sparkled. In the end however I got the black one as thought it would suit our kitchen better. I love this machine, it is heavy hence why it needs to be out all of the time and I really made the shop assistant put it through its paces as I didn't want to make the mistake of getting something that couldn't do all the tasks I wanted it to.

    ReplyDelete