Thursday 17 February 2011

Cover up and keep warm.....


 Yesterday's post made me think about these gloves!
Something about the gloves I see in the street make me think they are signalling to passers by and that they too have taken on personalities of their owners.  This one is an adult sized glove....


This one belongs to a child and seems happy to be innocently waving hello.....


And this one, well it is a baby's and I will leave it to you to decide what you think it is saying.


Wonder what my glove would be doing, might muse over that and do a glove self portrait!  On the other hand, maybe not (oh, I do like my own jokes - hand, glove - yes I know, lame!)


Photobucket
Word prompt was Warmth.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love finding objects like this! I have a whole series I have been working on for over ten years...quite the stories they tell! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing hysterically - if I had a fence I'd arrange a glove just that way - just to let winter know what I think of him for dumping more snow on us last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you liked this post Anika and Jamie and your comment made me laugh out loud too Jamie! Apparently we are due snow on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative : ) How did you think of that? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life with Kaishon, firstly, thank you very much for your kind words. I really don’t know how to answer your question though strangely. I just see things that interest me for so many different reasons, sometimes they make me laugh, sometimes they make me sad and sometimes it is just because I like the way they look (or think they might look!). I just see things (not sure if I describe it as being creative) and feel a need to connect with them in one way or another. It is of course very flattering to know that others like what I see too and that it creates a reaction. I genuinely am just into life and what goes on in and around and if this triggers off someone else to connect with it in another way then that is even better. It is important to share and connect I believe.

    Hope this answers your question.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are laughing in our house!
    Mmmm, don't know about the baby's one. I'll have to think on this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are fantastic!!! Such fun images!!!

    ReplyDelete