Sunday 20 June 2010

A Father's Day Brunch Munch!


Well, the photos that I took at Urban Angel where we went for brunch on Father's Day, didn't make the food look as good as it tasted, so I didn't put them into the blog, with the exception of this yummy strawberry tart Anders and I shared at the end!

Andrew had a really tasty full breakfast which was poached eggs, sausages, bacon, toast, mushroom, tomatoes, baked beans, black pudding and haggis! By the time I had decided to photograph it, Anders had started demolishing it so although I took a photo, it looks a bit of a mess! It is needless to say a filling choice and therefore not what I had!

Dexter had porridge with honey, again, it was very yummy, but it doesn't photograph that well!

I had eggs Benedict with smoked haddock instead of bacon/smoked salmon. The smoked haddock was a little too salty for my taste so maybe wouldn't order that again, but that is the first time I have eaten something from there that I wouldn't necessarily order again.



Their pastries however are amazing - really yummy and I had saved a little space for this very tasty treat which was their version of a strawberry shortcake. The base was actually coconut sponge and it went down a treat with some Egyptian Mint Tea.

Despite this looking like some form of an insect's head......

No comments:

Post a Comment