Tuesday 31 August 2010

Crack open the whisky & dark rum.....

Lets celebrate, have fun and party!

and where better to do so than Brambles the coolest cocktail bar right here in Edinburgh which has been voted top spirits bar by Harper's Magazine Awards and rightly so! Go check out their site, great DJ's play there, we had a ball there on Saturday night when Dexter had a sleepover at his pal Ben's house.

It is the sister place to the Saint which is another great place, right here in Edinburgh.

Why should we celebrate?
  1. Dexter wins a 1st cup in kickboxing - yey!
  2. I start a 365 day project with my pal Mr Stay Puft who looked at me with his arms wide open and thumbs up as I pondered what I should do for this daily photo challenge - and boy does he know how to party!!!! The first photo on this post he is showing me his buddy Dan's vodka bottle!
He encouraged me to have a dark rum cocktail - I love dark rum, its yum yum!

Anders chose a 35 year old whisky, not that he needs help being frisky!



3. I am so happy at what I have received - a Chupacabra award, how cool is that.

Mary Anne has a great blog over at (drum roll please)

http://thepunkrockmom.blogspot.com/

She is funny, quick witted, likes kitsch humour and clearly knows her blog buddies. This funny lady kindly bestowed this award on me and that rocks. Mary Anne got it from Kiranda @ http://www.thismommyshood.com/ and I thank Mary Anne for introducing me to her too as a result of this Chupacabra award! So passing on awards clearly does hook you up with other people you might otherwise not stumble across that’s another reason to celebrate is it not!



but first, some facts about the Chupacabra:

The most common description of chupacabras is a reptile-like being, appearing to have leathery or scaly greenish-gray skin and sharp spines or quills running down its back.[25] This form stands approximately 3 to 4 feet (1 to 1.2 m) high, and stands and hops in a similar fashion to a kangaroo.[26] In at least one sighting, the creature was reported to hop 20 feet (6 m). This variety is said to have a dog or panther-like nose and face, a forked tongue, and large fangs. It is said to hiss and screech when alarmed, as well as leave behind a sulfuric stench.[26] When it screeches, some reports assert that the chupacabras' eyes glow an unusual red which gives the witnesses nausea.

Another description of chupacabras, although not as common, describes a strange breed of wild dog.[26] This form is mostly hairless and has a pronounced spinal ridge, unusually pronounced eye sockets, fangs, and claws. It is claimed that this breed might be an example of a dog-like reptile. Unlike conventional predators, the chupacabras is said to drain all of the animal's blood (and sometimes organs) usually through three holes in the shape of an upside-down triangle or through one or two holes.[27]

Now the 7 facts about me:

  1. Like the chupacabra, I too am short (not as short thankfully) and when excited I too can jump and hop like a kangaroo! Sightings of this too can be seen by unfortunate passers by when I am exercising outdoors a la Jillian Michaels style (not nearly as often as Anders would like me to I hasten to add)!
  2. I also on occasions have been known to screech and Anders would say that this can make him nauseous from the repetitive nature which he would refer to as a nag!
  3. I have the ability to repeat any joke, no matter how funny or hilarious and mess up the timing so badly that anyone within range of hearing it gets a slight headache.
  4. I like watching True Blood, Dexter and Lie to Me on TV, but I also like Twighlight, clearly I have some similarities don’t you think!
  5. I have a super power! Yes I can hear the phrase “will be discounted by 50%” (or more) by a distance of over 7 miles!
  6. I have special see through vision, yes I can see through any transparent object!
  7. I have the ability to catch the actual pheromones exuded by incorrectly priced vintage attire at a distance of over 30 square miles. Although not tested, this could go further with a correct wind!

Lastly, to pass it on to 5 people who make me laugh!

Leigh over at http://leighvslaundry.blogspot.com has regularly made me laugh. She is born funny (her dad apparently does it for a living with kids) in addition to being really thoughtful and caring. She loves to dance and is always thinking and emptying her thoughts on her blog which are delightful to read and I really have a soft place for her.

Emilia who is a graphic designer in Poznan, Poland does lovely artwork over at http://emiliaszewczyk.blogspot.com/ and is well worth popping over to visit. I am in awe at her ability to make such fantastic illustrations.

Caroline @ http://whimsywispers.blogspot.com/ is someone new (Monday of this week) I have been introduced to through Jamie @ http://lyricaljourney.blogspot.com/ She recommended her and as soon as I opened her blog page I liked what I saw - photographs she takes of strangers.

Anika @ http://anikatoro.blogspot.com/ is a lady who seems to have a real sense of fun for life which I like a lot.

Ashley @ http://ashleysisk.blogspot.com/ is someone who is up for any challenge when it comes to photography, and she is so enthusiastic and charming. She introduced me to Anika (and I wanted to say thank you to her for that), and also for just being her so what better than to give her this whacky award!

Please collect this award over at my sidebar, and should anyone else reading this also like to take it and pass it onto someone who makes them smile and laugh, please do as it is always nice to make someone's day, you all do mine!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. See, you don't get that puffy by just being a marshmallow!! I knew there had to be some liquor involved! His smile gave it away!

    Thank you for spreading some more love and happiness my way!! Will post something soon...I have not had any time for computing the last few days and my iPhone is better for photos than blogging! You're the best! Thanks for making my day (again) and for making me laugh!
    xo
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, it's really nice! Thanks for this award! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rum. Congrats on the award too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and congrats yourself...you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and thanks for the shout out! You really are so good for my ego.

    I'm excited about your 365 project too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely and well deserved award!

    I'm a True Blood/Twilight fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very welcome for the award! You totally deserve it- I love your blog and it is truly excellent and awesome! And thanks for all of your kind words for me. You rock!
    <3MaryAnne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on receiving the award first off and thank you so much for passing it along. Like I emailed...I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come over and check it out. I haven't received this one before so it's truly an honor. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww...thank you sweetie! I am honored! So glad to meet you!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete