Tuesday 3 August 2010

A hard rain's gonna fall......

Having been a beautiful day, we decided to go for a walk through the Gosforth Estate but no sooner had we arrived the heavens opened and it rained, and rained and rained.


Anders who had not brought a jacket got to use Bill's large umbrella as Bill had a waterproof jacket with hood - sensible!

Luckily too, we had waterproof jackets for both boys in our car and Bill had a hat in his car which Ben borrowed.

Dexter improvised by using the silver bowl we have in the car to give Marvin & Carly water!!!

Both Ben & Dexter were then quite at home in this country estate which was really beautiful, but this post is to show the importance of being prepared and what happens if you are not.....


So what about me I hear you asking! Was I prepared!!! Yes and No. I did have a waterproof running jacket which I wore, but it didn't have a hood. Bill therefore suggested I wrap a lovely blue scarf that he had around my head, which I did and the consequence was that the dye ran and I ended up looking like Veruca Salt from Willie Wonka, either that or having had a very bad old lady blue rinse!!!


Guess what I will keep in the car from now on!!!!

That said, the walk was absolutely beautiful and the sites we saw..... well all in good time, all in good time - like all good stories!!!

1 comment: