Monday 2 August 2010

Macro i-phone purple blue thistles


I really liked the colours of these thistles I saw at the beach and thought that they jumped out agains all the things they were planted around.

Having gotten home, downloaded all my i-phone photographs and then looked at them I was even more pleased with them then I thought I would be - even if I do say so myself!!!

Whilst it was actually the colour of the flowers that attracted me, clearly they were attracting bees too and I find they are actually not at all i-phone shy - maybe they go to bee modelling classes!




Even this last photo, the bee and flower are not the main focus, it is actually the shells below which are really pretty ground cover, especially being on the sea front.




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I've not seen the colors like yours on OUR beaches...wish we did.

    AN OLD RUSTED LANTERN is my macro shot today. I hope you can find time to stop by for a visit. Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, those are gorgeous!! I love thistles...but we only have fuzzy purple ones here, unfortunately :P. Maybe I can buy some perennial garden variety some time...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! What gorgeous colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you got shots like this with your iPhone - I need to make better use of mine before I have to give it up in October

    ReplyDelete