Tuesday 12 October 2010

Me and my new bike!


Andrew spotted this bike outside a lovely bicycle shop and said I should ask about it!  I smiled and said "it is beautiful" and went inside and asked the really nice owner about it who said he had had it for a while and was surprised it hadn't sold.  He thought it would have been snapped up (which I too thought it would have been) but as it hadn't he was selling it at a heavily discounted rate as he needed the space for new stock as he was having his shop refurbished.  When he said how much it was Anders said "have a go on it, I think you would really suit it" so I did - yey!

As I rode up the street in it, all I could hear was Corinne Bailey Rae singing "girl put that record on" with the video in my mind!  I couldn't stop smiling.  So here is me on it and as you can see I am very happy.


The man said he wished everyone was so happy and enthusiastic when purchasing a bike (I fell in love with it and Anders said, "go on, buy it"!!), and we exchanged pleasantries including wishing him a Happy Birthday.  He shared his birthday with John Lennon.

As I cycled it to the park where Andrew was going to meet me with Marvin and Carly, everyone smiled as they saw me cycling it with a huge smile across my face with Corinne's song booming in my head.  It was such a beautiful Saturday, that crisp lovely autumn day that is just perfect for riding a lovely bike like this one.  This was made even nicer as it is always nice when people smile back at you.

In the park, I got Marvin to chase me so he got a good run, and again, people were just smiling as they saw handsome Marvin running beside me on my beautiful bike.  After this I agreed to meet Anders at the garage so I could lock my bike away as we were going to go for coffee and I didn't have a chain etc yet.

Now, don't think this is a post about me being so wonderful and smug as all of a sudden, about after 20 minutes after the above photo was taken, I went down too many gears at once by mistake and as a result I managed to jam the chain so it had to go back to the guy to get repaired!   I felt such a buffoon and so the tune in my head changed to Beck, I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me!


The man who sold me the bike kindly came to pick it up in his van and laughed saying he would have it ready on Tuesday and he said it he would repair it at cost (£15-£20 max)!  I have just called him and I am to collect it after work today - yey!




To make me feel better, Anders took me to the Botanics where we had afternoon tea for one and shared it with a coffee.   It was so sweet him trying to make me feel better, but I really felt so stupid for having this happen.  So this is me, a self portrait, happy, clumsy, sort of hiding myself in shame, trying to console myself with afternoon latte and scone, failing but able to laugh at myself!

That said, I get it back today, and I will not make that mistake again, ever!



Photography love...

Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. That bike totally suits you! I'm glad it's an easy fix so you'll be back on the road again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful bike. don't worry about the chain jam. It could happen to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the bike and I ADORE the basket on the front! You'll have so much fun with it, I'm sure. Chain jams happen. And that tea looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the processing of that pic with you on your bike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bike!!! I got a new one a few months ago, haven't taken the time to ride it much yet, I really need to get it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh!! I love your bike! That would totally make me happy :) Love your pics :)
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post. And that bike rocks.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new bike and I love your selfie - you always go on the most exciting little adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new bike!! I've been dying for one and your cute bike with a basket and everything makes me want to run out and buy one :) BTW - I'm loving the soundtrack in your head ;o) So good tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a pretty new bicycle! You look very happy indeed, great shots!

    and love the basket!! although wouldn't it be even cuter if you had a huge basket for the doggies???

    ReplyDelete
  11. That does look like a great bike! Glad it's all fixed now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new purchase - the bike is adorable! I can just see you riding along and singing (I'm choosing to ignore the second part of the story.) For me you'll always be riding along singing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bike is fabulous, just like you :)
    (and I love that song... and not just because we share a name and actually spell it the same way!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a perfect day!!!! i lOVE that bike and you look so adorable on it, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, I am so glad that this made so many of you happy too and thank you so much for leaving a comment, you are all fantastic and lovely and when I am riding my bike, and singing the Corinne song, you will all be doing just the same and we will all be singing together in harmony!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm happy for you. I love that the you and the bike seem to be a perfect fit.

    If you have time, do drop by:

    Shared Happiness

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bike, and your selfie is so cool!

    ReplyDelete