Friday 16 July 2010

Cherry on the Top!

First a song to get you in an upbeat mood for a Friday!






















Last night, before I went to bed, I popped over to Jamie's blog which you can look up here:


I think is really charming and really enjoy reading and visiting it. The content is always interesting, her photography is fab and she has introduced me to music that I have not heard before - so it is an all round two thumbs up blog and well worth looking up.

So Jamie told us how she had received an award - yey for Jamie! She then went on to tell us a bit more about her including showing us a fantastic barn her dad built which the photograph she took of it is her favourite because it is such a special place.


Then by Jings - she nominated me and 4 other people to pass the award onto too - no force needed!!!

Double YEY and thank you thank you thank you, so much that I have to sing a happy song!!! Please feel free to sing along - you won't be able to stop yourself - you know it!!!!






















Im' warming you up for tropical shores you see!

Here she is, this scrumptious award :-


I am very touched especially as I have only been blogging since April so thank you very much Jamie and perhaps if you do ever come over to Scotland and Edinburgh, I can treat you to an actual cupcake in person!

Having graciously accepted, here is what I have to do
  1. Thank the person who gave the award to you - done.
  2. Copy the award and put it on your blog - done
  3. List three things about you
  • My natural colour of hair is blond but I not long after got married to Anders someone asked me if I was his parents daughter! Not a good thought - no I didn't like that at all!!! So I died my hair initially being a redhead and then dark brown! The funny thing was, people didn't think I died my hair, can you believe it! I have now gone back to being blond as it is far less upkeep in terms of having it coloured, however....... (see below)

  • I have been married for 18 years this year!

  • I have had a big wild spider crawl on my hand and arm when I was in Belize with Anders!

4. Post a photo that you love! Goodness, I have so many photographs that I love - hundreds literally from the past! So as some of you may know, I am prone to not complying all of the time (well probably quite a lot actually) and this was proving to be very difficult. Therefore I have gone into the past into the first photo album I picked up which was our holiday in Belize about 10 years ago. (hence my mentioning point 1).

But before that, here is a picture of Dexter when he was first born playing in his cot. I love this photograph because I remember clearly how he used to get so excited every time one particular bear used to come round to his face (there were 4 hanging from a mobile), and he would squeal with excitement each and every time he saw it.



And now to the Belize photos:

I love these photos because I think they are the few I have which I think looking back on - wow I looked good in a bikini (not something I say often I tell thee)!


I love the 2 photographs below because I managed to find the courage to allow this large spider to crawl up my arm whilst on this same holiday....


And I love this holiday Belize photograph as I am looking at my Anders who took all of these Belize photos - awww!


Finally, tag five people you want to pass this award on to:

Please accept this cupcake (if only it were real) as a token of my appreciation and gratitude for making me smile!
  1. http://ourweefarm.blogspot.com/ - Laura because she is the reason I started blogging and she has such a lovely life and blog to go with a lovely husband and together they are one of Dexter's godparents!!! Also, she loves cupcakes and pink so this is one I think really suits her.
  2. http://leighvslaundry.blogspot.com/ - Leigh, I think she is so great, I want to go to flea markets, dance, make jokes and do really silly let your hair down and be girly things with her. I think she has a great sense of humour and secretly want her to be my pal!
  3. http://www.divasanddreams.blogspot.com/ - Christina puts together very difficult challenges (well at least I think they are) every Thursday. Her blog is beautiful, very feminine, classy and I think she too would appreciate pretty cupcakes!
  4. http://christopherandtia.blogspot.com/ - this blog hosts a Flashback Friday spot which got me into looking through old photographs which I might otherwise not have done. So thank you and please accept this cupcake from me!
  5. http://prettylittlegaijin.blogspot.com/ - I love the photographs this girl takes in a country I just love so so much, Japan. It makes me want to go out there again right now - oh if only I could - and I will, just can't right now - boohoo!
I wish I could have given it out to more people, as all of the blogs I read are charming, creative, entertaining, beautiful, funny and well interesting!

Flashback Friday Button

8 comments:

  1. aaaww, thanks sweetie...That is so kind of you!!

    And I love cupcakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vacation photos! You were insanely brave to let a spider that big near you much less on you. I would have run for the hill. EEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg. there is a giant spider, CRAWLING on you.

    alskjf;alwerjoiucpowuer.
    not this girl!!

    man thats insane. I wish I was that brave.

    I think you had mentioned this when I posted the picture of the texas tarantula that we had found the other day. Its hard for me to imagine somebody NOT having arachnaphobia. Because I literally screamed. I ran, and I screamed, and I would have wet myself had that thing come any closer to me than it had.

    You are brave. VERY brave.

    And thaaaannnk you for the wonderful award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, Christina & Tia, you are very welcome.

    Secondly, Ha, ha - I have a huge smile and am giggling as I respond to Ali & Tia comments regarding the spider! There is no way at all I would have let that spider climb on me had I not trusted our lovely guides in Belize (Lamanai Outpost folks were so wonderful) and it took a lot of persuasion on their part and that of Anders to get me to do it!!! The spider was female, and really very beautiful but equally, yep, scary! I too would not have picked up the Texan Tarantula you found and would have screamed and also been amazed- I don't know what spiders are safe or not, and so whilst I don't kill them, I would have gotten it into some container (or gotten Anders to do it) where they couldn't escape and then released it outside! I was very proud of myself for having done this, my heart was pounding initially and then when I realised it was ok and they were not going to let it do anything that as my face shows I was both facinated and worried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my you are brave with that spider...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you kindly lady for my award! There is a little something for you too...

    http://leighvslaundry.blogspot.com/2010/03/dont-hate-me-because-im-busy-being.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you my lovely! Dunno how I messed this as I check in most days - doof!
    That spider was huge. :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh - I'm blushing at the lovely things you said. So sweet.

    I love the photos from Belize so beautiful, and you are so brave I would have been screaming like crazy if that thing had been on me. Can't wait to check out some of the blogs you passed the award onto! Such fun.

    ReplyDelete