Friday 30 July 2010

For you Mummy!



It is Friday, I love this song and having not heard it for years heard it Saturday of last weekend as we drove to Glen Lyon (still trying to get all the amazing photographs on the blog but want to do it in a way that I think is befitting such an interesting place and not sound boring to anyone reading it other than me!)


It was on this very drive that we stopped off at a great little local post office/shop/cafe (one of the top 10 cafes apparently in the countryside of the UK not that we knew that until some other tourist came in and said "do you know you were featured in the Guardian (UK newspaper) as being one of the Top 10 cafes in the countryside"? "No" was the owners surprise, and either did we and we smiled and said congratulations!). Anyway, whilst waiting for the homemade soup (their Lentil & Lemon soup was really delicious), Dexter picked me some flowers and brought them to me when I called to him and Anders to say it was just being brought to the table.

Oh how I just love this little lovely!

I love him, I love him, I love him!

How could I not.

This little spot in the Scottish country is full of wildlife, red squirrels, deer, butterflies, insects and of course birds, an array of beautiful, sweetly singing birds who actually get quite close to you!

As a result, at this little tranquil haven, even the birds get to have a picnic too with leftovers - it is just so so very beautiful there and so are the birds.

Not sure what we are doing this weekend, but can't wait!

New Friend Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment