Friday 23 July 2010

Whatever happened to Baby Jane



These dolls just reminded me of that classic Bette Davis film - so very scarrrryyyyy!
The were all sitting in the same charity shop waiting for a home - yes indeedie, lions and tigers and dolls, oh my!!

But then they also gave me a flashback!! What you say, a flashback? Yes, read on!!!




Don't love the dolls at all but the film is a classic and inspiration behind my costume for a grown ups birthday party in honour of Dexter's second birthday. Dexter's has a birthday you see is just before Halloween!!!

They are not my real teeth either - Anders and I both wore false teeth just in case you were thinking "oh, you poor dears, they are the worst British teeth I have ever seen" - ha, ha, ha.

also, this is not my wedding dress either - oh perish the thought, but it was someone's and I am sure they looked a lot better in it than I did!!!

Ander's dressed up as the character in Nightmare before Christmas!


Nikki is the Audrey Hepburn of Cats
Stephen is Jack Skellington (he took the mask off pretty quickly though!)

Dexter, well he is just a cutie pumpkin!


Flashback Friday Button

6 comments:

  1. Ok super creepy, lol, but awesome costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great NMBC costume! Heh. I love these!! I did a Halloween costume pic too. I've totally got Halloween on the brain. What a fun cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, those are some great costumes! I never put enough energy into my Halloween costumes. I'm sure that will change now that I'm a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Those are some crative costumes!! I am saving some pictures of us for October. Love it when people get all into their costumes... Dexter, beyond adorable.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been really big into Halloween. I think when I was a kid I wanted to dress up as a princess or a fairy or anything with a big poofy dress. But we lived in the pacific northwest, and it was almost always raining and cold. So we'd have to go trick or treating with jackets on over our costumes anyways.

    Now that I've got kids of my own, I'm WAY more into Halloween. My husband and I dress up with them for the fun zoo events and for trick or treating. I try to go all out, and make it ridiculous, the way that it should be for kids.

    This year the girls are going to be cats, and the boys are going to be puppies. I'm making all of the costumes myself, even though I am TERRIBLE at sewing. We'll see, though!

    I'm not sure I'll ever be able to be anything "scary", or anything with fake teeth. It feels wrong to me, haha. Your costumes were so great though. I like looking, I just don't like dressing up like it myself, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaahahahahaha, that photo of you is priceless! Ahahahahahhaaaa...

    ReplyDelete